The 420 festivities are expected to draw thousands of people to downtown Denver Saturday to celebrate all things marijuana. Before you pass that joint, here are a few things to keep in mind.
1. It is illegal to smoke marijuana in public. This includes Civic Center where T.I. will headline the big 420 festival. While you’ll see almost everyone smoking at the festival, the Denver Police Department does arrest people for violations. You can have weed in your car but it needs to be in sealed containers. And it is illegal to drive while stoned.
2. The penalty for being cited or arrested for a marijuana law violation varies. It could be a fine or it could mean jail time. It just depends on the severity of the accusation and whether you might have broken a city or state law.
3. If you’re visiting from out of town, find out your hotel or Airbnb rules. Some hotels may have smoking rooms where it is allowed. It not allowed on balconies or in common areas.
4. Denver has issued licenses two social-use venues where people who are 21 and older can go to smoke. They are Vape & Play, 1753 South Broadway, and The Coffee Joint, 1130 Yuma Court.
5. Finally, if you don’t use all the flower, wax or edibles you bought, leave it in town with a friend. You’re not allowed to take it across state lines.
Go to Source
Author: Noelle Phillips
Puffin’ On Some Good New?! Share Some…