We often get asked where to buy cannabis seeds and whether it’s safe to buy seeds online. In this guide we’ll review and recommend the seed banks we use and trust as well as teach you everything you need to know about safely and discretely buying weed seeds online.
There are several advantages to buying seeds from a quality online seed bank.
- Seeds banks offer a huge range of strains to choose from, including feminized seeds, autoflowering strains, medical strains and high THC & CBD strains.
- They ship to almost anywhere in the world.
- They offer a range of stealthy payment and shipping options to protect your privacy and allow you to stay as anonymous as possible.
We’ve personally used all of the seed banks on this list with the exception of AMS. The feedback we’ve received on their reliability and customer service means we’re confident to include them on our list.
Table of contents
The online seed banks we recommend
Payment types accepted
- Credit & Debit Cards
- Bitcoin (totally anonymous)
- Bank Transfer (not anonymous but there is nothing linking you to a specific product)
- Postal Orders
- iDeal (Netherlands)
- Sofort (Europe)
Stealth and privacy protection
Seedsman allow you to pay with bitcoin which is totally anonymous.
They also offer the option to remove any branded packaging from the seeds and to have your seeds shipped hidden inside an unrelated product for extra stealth. The product you get varies depending on what size package they need to ship you.
No mention of Seedsman or seeds is printed on the outside of the packaging and if you’re purchasing from outside the U.K., no identifying paperwork is sent with your package.
- Operating successfully since 2003 and have thousands of satisfied customers.
- Over 3000 strains available including feminized, autoflowering, medical and high THC strains.
- They almost always have some kind of promotion running where you can get discounts and free seeds. For example, if you pay with bitcoin you get a 25% discount, 8 free seeds and 15% off every subsequent bitcoin order you make. In most cases they’ll also let you swap out your free seeds with another strain you prefer from the same breeder.
- In addition to their own line, Seedsman stocks seeds from over 100 other seed banks including well known players such as Sensi Seeds, Dutch Passion and Barney’s Farm.
- Medical strains are categorized on the website by the condition they treat which makes it really easy to find a strain to suit your symptoms.
- The cost of shipping varies depending of which country you’re shipping to and it can get a bit pricey if you choose the stealth option and guaranteed shipping. For example, a small package of 9 seeds costs around $12.50 to ship to the U.S. with package tracking and guaranteed delivery. However, they sometimes offer free shipping promotions to different countries so it’s worth keeping an eye on the promotions page.
Here’s how to pay with bitcoin on seedsman:
Here’s an example of the Seedsman stealth packaging option:
Payment types accepted
- Credit card
- Bank transfer (pretty much anonymous as there is nothing linking you to a product)
- Postal order (U.K. only)
- International money order
Stealth and Privacy Protection
Although they don’t offer bitcoin as a form of payment, you can pay by bank transfer which is almost as good because your payment isn’t tied to a particular product. You can also choose to have your seeds shipped hidden in a stealthy unrelated item for an extra fee.
- MSNL are the oldest seed bank and have been operating their online seed bank since 2003.
- Affordable, but this is partly because they have a much smaller custom selection and don’t carry seeds from other big seed banks.
- Standard shipping is free if you spend more than $72 and the stealth shipping options become cheaper the more you spend.
- Every MSNL order gets at least 5 free seeds included and if you spend more than $67 you can get 3 free feminized seeds.
- The website has useful categories & filters such as low smell, fast growing and short if you have a shorter grow tent or limited space.
- Their selection of seeds is carefully curated and extremely high quality but they carry a smaller range of strains.
- They don’t offer bitcoin as a form of payment, but bank transfer works almost as well if you’re worried about stealth.
- Stealth shipping is expensive but gets cheaper the more you spend.
Payment types accepted
- Credit Cards
- Bank Transfer (Western Union)
Stealth and Privacy Protection
AMS offer bitcoin as a anonymous payment method. Their packaging is nine and discrete but they don’t offer the option to hide your seeds in stealth packaging like the other seed banks on our list. No mention of the contents is printed anywhere on the packaging.
- If any of your seeds don’t germinate you can send them back and they’ll replace them with fresh seeds – this is a nice addition that many other seed banks don’t offer.
- They only carry a small selection of strains.
- No stealth packaging option available except for the standard discrete envelope.
- Shipping is expensive outside of Europe ($20 U.S) and you pay the same regardless of how many seeds you buy.
Protecting your safety, privacy & anonymity
Is it safe to buy cannabis seeds online in the USA?
As everyone knows, the laws regarding cannabis in the United States are a complete mess. It’s illegal to possess, sell, cultivate and transport weed at the federal level, but many states have their own laws that make cannabis legal. The result of this confusion means that when you’re figuring out where to buy cannabis seeds, you won’t find reliable or reputable cannabis seed banks located within the United States. Sending seeds within the U.S. (even where weed has been legalized) is covered by federal law and the seed banks would be prosecuted.
All the seed banks we recommend are based in Europe. In the U.K. and Europe it is illegal to grow cannabis but it is legal to buy, sell and possess ungerminated cannabis seeds. We’ve never known anyone to have problems shipping seeds to the United States from Europe except for the occasional missing package.
In the extremely unlikely event that your seeds are intercepted at some point in their journey, the very worst that’s likely to happen is that your seeds are confiscated and destroyed. We can confidently say that the feds will not break down your door and you won’t end up in the big house if you order seeds online from a trusted European seed bank.
Having said that, there’s no reason not to be as discrete as possible when ordering seeds and seed banks that offer stealth packaging and anonymous payment options (e.g. bitcoin) should be at the top of your list when considering where to buy cannabis seeds online.
We also recommend paying extra for guaranteed shipping because this means if your seeds go missing for any reason the seed bank will replace them free of charge.
If I live in a location where marijuana is illegal, is it still safe to buy seeds?
The seed banks we recommend will ship to any country in the world, but they make it very clear that you are responsible for knowing the local laws in your area. The authorities in many countries where marijuana is illegal will happily turn a blind eye and aren’t the slightest bit interested in chasing people who order a few seeds online. Other governments take cannabis possession extremely seriously and if you live in such a country you should not order seeds online for your own safety.
What’s the best way to pay for seeds to remain anonymous?
When you’re weighing up where to buy cannabis seeds, if the seed bank offers bitcoin this is a good sign that they are discrete and care about their customers privacy. Bitcoin is completely anonymous and the transaction cannot be traced back to you. Having said that, we’ve seen evidence of many people from the US, Canada, Australia, Europe and elsewhere who happily purchase seeds using their credit card and have never had an issue.
I’m still too nervous to buy weed seeds online – where else can I get them?
The main advantage of buying seeds online is that you know exactly what you’re getting. You can buy strains based on your specific requirements – THC & CBD content, height, flowering time, medical applications and many other factors. If you don’t feel comfortable buying online for whatever reason then the best bet is to try and get seeds from someone you know. Failing that, there’s no harm in trying to grow the seeds you found in the bottom of a bag of weed!
Germination & strain selection
Will all my seeds germinate and what happens if they don’t?
Regardless of where you buy cannabis seeds, unfortunately there is no way any seed bank can guarantee that all the seeds they send you will successfully germinate. In Europe, the possession, sale and shipping of cannabis seeds is legal but germinating and cultivating them is not. For this reason, most seeds banks cover themselves by using the disclaimer that seeds are sold as ‘souvenirs’ and they won’t make any guarantees or refunds if the seeds you receive don’t germinate. However, high quality seed banks rely on satisfied customers to stay in business so you can be sure that they’ve done everything to ensure all the seeds they sell are viable. The exception is AMS that do offer a refund service and will replace any seeds that don’t successfully germinate.
In addition to having viable seeds, specific conditions are need to maximize the chance of your seeds successfully germinating. You can read our article about how to germinate weed seeds if you’d like to learn more.
If I buy feminized seeds are they guaranteed to be female?
Feminized seeds are more expensive because they have been specifically bred and treated to mature into female plants. If you look after your plants and give them the correct growing conditions, feminized seeds are 99% guaranteed to stay female. However, if your growing conditions are poor there is still a chance that feminized seeds can flip and turn into hermaphrodite or male plants.
Most seed banks also offer ‘regular’ seeds that are cheaper and come with no guarantees they will be female. In our experience, regular seeds turn out to be female around 75% of the time. If you have poor lighting or inadequate nutrient levels during your grow, you are much more likely to end up with a hermaphrodite or male plant when growing from non-feminized seeds. Weed plants turn into hermaphrodites in a last ditch effort to reproduce when they sense a poor growing environment.
What cannabis strain should I grow as a beginner?
We get asked this a lot and it’s not an easy question to answer. In addition to how easy the strain is to grow, you also need to consider the type of high the weed will give you when you smoke it! There’s no point in spending time and effort on growing an easy strain if you end up with weed that doesn’t make you feel good.
If you’re growing indoors, the best general advice we can give is to pick an autoflowering strain that will automatically enter the flowering stage of growth at a certain age, rather than rely on you to change the lighting conditions. Other advice to make indoor growing easier is to pick a fast flowering, short strain so you don’t find your plants trying to push through the roof of your grow tent!
If you’re growing outdoors, it can be easier because you’ve got mother nature to back you up and take care of lighting and (hopefully) watering. On the downside, you have a lot less control over the growing conditions and you’re at the mercy of the weather, pests, insects and thieves. Picking a strain that’s known to be hardy and disease resistant will give you the best chance of success.
It’s also worth paying a little extra for feminized seeds because this will give you the best chance of avoiding males or hermaphrodites ruining all your hard work.
Which strain should I choose to help with my particular medical condition?
When you’re deciding where to buy cannabis seeds online, you’ll quickly learn than some seed banks do a much better job than others at helping customers find strains for medical use. For example, Seedsman has an extremely handy filter on their website that allows you to filter strains by specific medial conditions such as anxiety, depression, insomnia or muscle spasms.
If you have any doubts about whether weed can help your health issue and what strain to grow, make sure seek medical advice from a qualified medical marijuana doctor.
We just want to make sure it’s clear that we’re not lawyers and all the advice we’ve given here on where to buy cannabis seeds assumes that shipping, receiving, possessing or growing cannabis seeds is 100% legal in your location. If it’s not then we can’t advise you to act on this information in any way and you should campaign your representatives to change the laws and make weed legal where you live!
The post Where to buy cannabis seeds online safely & discretely appeared first on skunkology.com.
Go to Source
Puffin’ On Some Good New?! Share Some…